Magento Vs WordPress
If you’re in the process of designing an ecommerce website, choosing a content management system (CMS) ought to take priority. The right CMS can help you get several tasks like controlling your content, optimizing SEO and integrating payment options without having expert programming experience.
However, before you can enjoy the benefits of a content management system, you must choose the right CMS for you. While the two are in different leagues Magento is a complex standalone framework while WordPress requires plugins like EasyCart and WooCommerce to do the ecommerce work.
While it’s impossible to say that which one is better than the other as suitability depends on your specific requirements, analyzing the pros and cons can be useful to help you make the perfect decision for your business. Let’s go through some of the highlights.
Reasons to go with WordPress:
WordPress has certainly expanded from its humble beginnings as a simple blogging platform. These days the platform is totally customizable with a wide variety of themes, plugins and integrations that can transform a basic site into exactly what you want. The same is for ecommerce functionality.
For example, when installing a WooCommerce theme on WordPress, you can embed ecommerce functionality with customizable themes and a huge variety of plugins and extensions.
A wide variety of plugins, from Shopify and PayPal to Yoast SEO, an incredibly user-friendly dashboard, simple upgrades with a team of developers ensuring your site remains updated and secure.
WooCommerce and similar plugins are famous amongst small and medium sized businesses but the capability to scale up to thousands of SKUs is there, should you need it.
Reasons to go with Magento:
The mighty Magento is the feasible option for many ecommerce businesses due to its flexibility, scalability, and range of extensions. It tends to be a front runner option for larger companies and offers an Enterprise as well as Community edition which some high-profile brands have taken competitive edge of.
With the level of customization with Magento is unparalleled, this makes it an extremely difficult platform. It’s advisable to hire an experienced Magento developer to help keep up the shape.
Enhanced customer browsing with a variety of quality features like product filtering and reviews that can be enabled, top customer account management capabilities, API flexibility and any third part service can be configured as an API with the right code.
Magento vs WordPress
The features these two platforms have in common have the fact that they both:
- Are built on PHP.
- Offer excellent developer APIs.
- Offer mobile-optimization, customizable themes. Both platforms offer a mix of free and premium plans, though with a Magento theme, the world is your oyster. You can make it look however you want by customizing or even designing your own. However, WooCommerce also offers some themes with excellent customization capabilities.
- Extend core functionality with a variety of impressive add-ons. Magento Connect offers a whole marketplace of add-ons that cover every ecommerce needs under the sun.
- Free and open source. Though with WordPress you will have to for paying for your own hosting and domain.
- Offer flexible shipping options with different carriers. Magento may have the edge here for larger companies due to the internationalization capabilities, though WooCommerce offers easy integrations with carriers like UPS.
- Need set-up, installation and hosting. Although Magento developers are a little harder to track down that those experienced with WordPress.
While talking about database integrations, Magento uses an EAV-based database model which can track every aspect of a transaction. However, both Magento and WordPress support integration with MySQL and MariaDB, though an extension can be used to work with PostgreSQL.
So, which platform is right for your business? This all depends on your skills, the size of your business and the functionality you need. WordPress is the easier of the two to learn your way around but Magento will require a little more investment and input to really make the most of its features. It can be an amazingly powerful platform for complex stores.
If you have an ecommerce project in mind and doubt which direction to go, get in touch with us and we’ll help you sort it out!
Clarity is proud to have been providing Website Designing Services to the America’s and the world since 2006. Our clients are worldwide and currently using our unified communications platform. Clarity Technologies Group, LLC surpasses expectations.
Call Clarity at 800-354-4160 today or email us at [email protected]. We are partnered internationally around the globe and we are open seven days a week 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST/EDT. http://22.214.171.124 and https://dotmantech.com.