Do You Need To Stop Unwanted Robocalls And Texts?
Unwanted calls – including illegal and spoofed robocalls – are the FCC’s top consumer complaint and our top consumer protection priority. These include complaints from consumers whose numbers are being spoofed or whose calls are being mistakenly blocked or labeled as a possible scam call by a robocall blocking app or service. The FCC is committed to doing what we can to protect you from these unwelcome situations and is cracking down on illegal calls in a variety of ways:
- Issuing hundreds of millions of dollars in enforcement actions against illegal robocallers.
- Empowering phone companies to block by default illegal or unwanted calls based on reasonable call analytics before the calls reach consumers.
- Allowing consumer options on tools to block calls from any number that doesn’t appear on a customer’s contact list or other “white list.”
- Urging phone companies to implement caller ID authentication to help reduce illegal spoofing.
- Making consumer complaint data available to enable better call blocking and labeling solutions.
File a complaint with the FCC if you believe you have received an illegal call or text, or if you think you’re the victim of a spoofing scam. Click the tabs below for tips, FAQs and resources.
If you have a 3CX PBX and or are using Clarity Hosted PBX consider this too:
Option 1: Auto Attendant
Insert an auto attendant (IVR) in front of your direct dial, ring group, or call queues.
1.The auto attendant can either add a few seconds to the call time which in some cases is enough for the caller to give up and hang up.
2. Add a simple message like “Thanks for calling please stay on the line while we transfer your call.”
3. Simply force the Auto Attendant to loop if no option is pressed which will kill the robocall because it will eventual time out.
Option 2: Collect Numbers And Manually Block Them
Have your end users note which numbers are robocalls from their call history then you can add them to a block list in the phone system.
Go to Settings – > Blacklisted Numbers
You can either import from a .CSV file or press ADD and enter the caller ID and press OK.
Clarity is proud to have been providing 3CX Telephone System to North America since 2006. As one of the oldest 3CX Partners in North America with clients worldwide offering this unified communications platform and ultimately earning the level of Titanium Partner Clarity Technologies Group, LLC surpasses expectations.
Call Clarity at 800-354-4160 today. We are partnered internationally around the globe and we are open seven days a week 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST/EDT. You can also chat with us at http://184.108.40.206/